As the world reopens, there has never been
a better time for us to come together to ask ourselves:
What do young people need most to thrive?
Today, technology is running lives and it comes with consequences – young people grow less happy, overwhelmed and completely unprepared for adulthood. Too often youngsters shoulder the adverse effects of internet addiction and social media that prevent them from a life worth living. Yet many of them – often referred to as “digital natives” – haven’t known it any other way...
Re-imagining your Best Life
We know thriving in a digital age is hard. The hardest it has been in a long while. The truth is that feeling good about life and yourself is more than just an intentional effort. It requires an awakened mind, emotional intelligence and action – the pillars of Aristotle’s philosophy for human flourishing and wellbeing. This leads to Eudaimonia – a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous.
Eudaimonia as a Way of Living
A contemporary application of ancient Greek philosophy and modern science is at the core of Eudaimonia program.
The program is created by four leading international experts with longstanding experience in teaching, coaching, consulting and business. Over the years of research and supporting thousands of young people at universities and organizations, they clearly saw what it takes for youth to find fulfilment. They were also determined to go a step further and designed a signature program to guide youth into self-mastery for a healthier, happier way forward.
Eudaimonia offers you the learnings and the benefit to understand yourself first, discover your unique strengths, set goals and be free to thrive.
The course is delivered in small, interactive classes of 8 to 10 people to facilitate close relationships between participants. The modules balance little theory, lively discussions and a customized combination of tangible tools for self-knowledge and improvement.
People who have gone through the program report experiencing a profound transformation, while also building a range of powerful, lifelong skills.
Eudaimonia Framework and Timeline
The full duration of this course is 6 days. All sessions are instructor-led and can be delivered f2f, online or in a hybrid format. The framework of the training is customizable in terms of scheduling, duration and the specific training needs to suit the learning preferences of the group.
Discover Yourself 3 days, 18 hours (3x6)
Youth Leadership 3 days, 18 hours (3x6)
In the first part of the training you will get more sense of who you are and a vision of the life you want to live. The second part of the course is where you reap the rewards of self-awareness enabling your skills and wisdom to become an engaging communicator and an empowering leader.
The program works particularly well for young people aged 16 to 28 who are academically or professionally engaged.
What is covered
Click on each Day to view full content
- Who we are: Understand how some of the world sees millennials
- Our Life: Discuss the notion of “The unexamined life”
- Important Definitions: Define Eudaimonia, happiness, wellbeing, good life, and how to achieve them
- How we function: Understand the three levels of self-awareness: Head, Heart, Hands
- Eudaimonia: Embody the notions of Arete, Phronesis and Character
- Interbeing: Understand that eudaimonia is created through interaction and not isolation
- Learning together: Create trust relationships and psychological safety among us
- Pathways and instruments for self-examination: Learn about themselves by making sense of the assessments
- State of being: Understand their current state of being through the PERMA self-assessment
- Talents and strengths: Realize their talents and strengths, life mission, fears, and blind spots
- Personality archetype: Know their Enneagram Tritype character and personality
- Owning your ambition: Find their Ikigai, their purpose and meaning in life
- Ambition & excellence: Explore their RIASEC in order to find their field
- My dreams vs. my limiting beliefs: Uncover some of their limiting beliefs about themselves
- Emotional Intelligence: Explore Emotional Intelligence, Relating to Others, exerting Compassion and Reappraising an event
- Handling Criticism: Discover how they can handle Criticism with emotional intelligence
- Debating: Learn and practice the rules of emotional intelligent debating
- Economy, Ecology and Society: Become aware of the global challenges they face and the levels of freedom, agency and responsibility they will need to have to tackle them
- Biases, judgement & decision making: Explore the workings of the brain, and the cognitive biases that profoundly impact our way of thinking
- Debiasing: Learn and use debiasing techniques that improve individual and group decision making
- Character and Thinking: Understand the way their Character affects their thinking patterns
- Solving real challenges: Develop solutions for real problems they face through Design Thinking
- Problem definition: Understand the nature of a real problem through empathy mapping
- Creativity: Develop creative solution with the use of ideation techniques
- Prototype Development and Testing: Learn how to use MoSCoW prioritization and stress-test their solution prototype.
- Use of Resources: Assess the efficiency levels of individual and team’s available resource
- Effective Teamwork: Spot any dysfunctions in their team and learn how to improve teamwork
- Effective Communication: Develop the skills needed for effective communication
- Active Listening: Practice active listening techniques
- Personality and Communication: Realize the role of their Enneagram Tritype personality on relating and communicating with others.
- Young Entrepreneurship: Get acquainted with the virtues and values of entrepreneurship and how they can make a difference in the world.
- The essence of Leadership: Comprehend what makes a leader
- Measuring Leadership: Understand and embody the Practices, Commitments and Behaviors that make exemplary leaders
- Your Best-Leadership Experience: Realize that leadership is a choice
- On Becoming a Better Leader: Demonstrate their leadership abilities via a Lego game
- Choosing to be a leader: Focus on their leadership behaviors and potential and decide who they want to be
Eudaimonia in the Workplace
This program is designed for young employees to help them through developing a very good understanding of themselves and behaviour to envision success as they define it, manifest their best performance and advance faster in their career. Youths who achieve self-awareness have really high chances to follow a rewarding career path with a sense of engagement and fulfilment. Eudaimonia in the workplace is a training program for self-awareness, essential soft skills and wellbeing that welcomes managers who want to offer this highly energizing experience to every young person in their company.
The Eudaimonia path. We will evaluate ourselves and understand our current situation regarding strengths, talents but also dark points, weaknesses, as well as our behavior.
• Eudaimonia, happiness, well-being, and how to achieve them
• Understand that Eudaimonia is created through interaction rather than isolation
• Three levels of self-knowledge: Head, Heart, Hands
• Virtue, Wisdom and Character the 3 pillars of Eudaimonia
• Unexplored Life
• Knowledge of ourselves
• Ways and tools of self-assessment: Understanding the current situation
• Talents and Strengths: Awareness of talents and strengths, mission in life, fears and “blind spots”
• Character and Personality
• Restrictive beliefs
We will learn how we lead to success, the importance of visions of dreams and goals, the obstacles to the right way of thinking
- Dreams, goals
- My dreams against my limiting beliefs and prejudices
- Prejudice, Judgment & Decision Making: Exploring the mental functions and cognitive biases that significantly affect our way of thinking
- Reducing Prejudice: Knowledge and use of techniques to reduce mental distortions that improve individual and group decision making
We will learn essential skills such as decision making, problem solving, communication and team dynamics
- Problem solving and decision making
- Effective Teamwork: Identifying team dysfunctions and learning ways to improve teamwork
- Empathy and communication
- Development of the necessary skills for effective communication
- Active Listening and practice techniques in the techniques
We will learn the essence of Leadership and how we can conquer it
- Understanding the components of leadership
- Leadership Measurement: Knowledge and incarnation of the Practices, Commitments and Behaviors that make leaders emblematic
- Best Personal Leadership Experience: Recognizing the principle that leadership is a choice
- Becoming a Better Leader: Demonstrating leadership skills
- Focus on our leadership behaviors and capabilities and decide who we want to be
Join us in thriving
If you would like to know more about Eudaimonia programs and how they could be tailored to you or your team, fill in the form below and I'll get in touch to help you decide what would be the right training path.