As the world reopens, there has never been
a better time for us to come together to ask ourselves:
What do young people need most to thrive?
Today, technology is running lives and it comes with consequences – young people grow less happy, overwhelmed and completely unprepared for adulthood. Too often youngsters shoulder the adverse effects of internet addiction and social media that prevent them from a life worth living. Yet many of them – often referred to as ‘digital natives’ – haven’t known it any other way...
Re-imagining Your Best Life
We know thriving in a digital age is hard. The hardest it has been in a long while. The truth is that feeling good about life and yourself is more than just an intentional effort. It requires an awakened mind, emotional intelligence and action – the pillars of Aristotle’s philosophy for human flourishing and wellbeing
Eudaimonia as a Way of Living
A contemporary application of Aristotle’s philosophy is at the core of Eudaimonia program.
The program is created by four leading international experts with longstanding experience in teaching, coaching, consulting and business. Over the years of research and supporting thousands of young people at universities and organizations, they clearly saw what it takes for youth to find fulfilment. They were also determined to go a step further and designed a signature program to guide youth into self-mastery for a healthier, happier way forward.
Eudaimonia offers you the learnings and the benefit to understand yourself first, discover your unique strengths, set goals and be free to thrive.
The course is delivered in small, interactive classes of 8 to 10 people to facilitate close relationships between participants. The modules balance little theory, lively discussions and a customized combination of tangible tools for self-knowledge and improvement.
People who have gone through the program report experiencing a profound transformation, while also building a range of powerful, lifelong skills.
Eudaimonia Framework and Timeline
The full duration of this course is 6 days. All sessions are instructor-led and can be delivered f2f, online or in a hybrid format.
Discover Yourself 3 days in class, 18 hours (3X6)
Youth Leadership 3 days in class, 18 hours (3X6)
In the first part of the training you will get more sense of who you are and a vision of the life you want to live. The second part of the course is where you reap the rewards of self-awareness enabling your skills and wisdom to become an engaging communicator and an empowering leader.
What is covered
- Who we are: Understand how some of the world sees millennials
- Our Life: Discuss the notion of “The unexamined life”
- Important Definitions: Define Eudaimonia, happiness, wellbeing, good life, and how to achieve them
- How we function: Understand the three levels of self-awareness: Head, Heart, Hands
- Eudaimonia: Embody the notions of Arete, Phronesis and Character
- Interbeing: Understand that eudaimonia is created through interaction and not isolation
- Learning together: Create trust relationships and psychological safety among us
- Pathways and instruments for self-examination: Learn about themselves by making sense of the assessments
- State of being: Understand their current state of being through the PERMA self-assessment
- Talents and strengths: Realize their talents and strengths, life mission, fears, and blind spots
- Personality archetype: Know their Enneagram Tritype character and personality
- Owning your ambition: Find their Ikigai, their purpose and meaning in life
- Ambition & excellence: Explore their RIASEC in order to find their field
- My dreams vs. my limiting beliefs: Uncover some of their limiting beliefs about themselves
- Emotional Intelligence: Explore Emotional Intelligence, Relating to Others, exerting Compassion and Reappraising an event
- Handling Criticism: Discover how they can handle Criticism with emotional intelligence
- Debating: Learn and practice the rules of emotional intelligent debating
- Economy, Ecology and Society: Become aware of the global challenges they face and the levels of freedom, agency and responsibility they will need to have to tackle them
- Biases, judgement & decision making: Explore the workings of the brain, and the cognitive biases that profoundly impact our way of thinking
- Debiasing: Learn and use debiasing techniques that improve individual and group decision making
- Character and Thinking: Understand the way their Character affects their thinking patterns
- Solving real challenges: Develop solutions for real problems they face through Design Thinking
- Problem definition: Understand the nature of a real problem through empathy mapping
- Creativity: Develop creative solution with the use of ideation techniques
- Prototype Development and Testing: Learn how to use MoSCoW prioritization and stress-test their solution prototype.
- Use of Resources: Assess the efficiency levels of individual and team’s available resource
- Effective Teamwork: Spot any dysfunctions in their team and learn how to improve teamwork
- Effective Communication: Develop the skills needed for effective communication
- Active Listening: Practice active listening techniques
- Personality and Communication: Realize the role of their Enneagram Tritype personality on relating and communicating with others.
- Young Entrepreneurship: Get acquainted with the virtues and values of entrepreneurship and how they can make a difference in the world.
- The essence of Leadership: Comprehend what makes a leader
- Measuring Leadership: Understand and embody the Practices, Commitments and Behaviors that make exemplary leaders
- Your Best-Leadership Experience: Realize that leadership is a choice
- On Becoming a Better Leader: Demonstrate their leadership abilities via a Lego game
- Choosing to be a leader: Focus on their leadership behaviors and potential and decide who they want to be
Joining this course in thriving
The program works particularly well for young people aged 16 to 26 who are academically or professionally engaged. The course also welcomes managers and business leaders who want to offer this thriving experience to the high-potential young talent in their organisations.
If you would like to know more about the program and how it could be tailored to you or your team, fill in the form below and I'll get in touch to help you decide what would be the right training path.